1. Personal Information we collect
We collect personal information when you provide it to us, when you use our Services, and when other sources provide it to us, as further described below.
A. Information You Provide to Us
Account Creation: When you create an account or otherwise use the Services, we collect information such as your name, email address, password, role within your team or enterprise, and an optional profile photo.
Your Communications with Us: We collect personal information from you such as email address, phone number, or mailing address when you request information about our Services, register for our newsletter, request customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us. We also collect the contents of messages or attachments that you may send to us, as well as other information you choose to provide, and that may be associated with your communications.
**Payment Information:**We may receive information associated with your payment information, such as billing address and transaction information, but we do not directly store payment information on the Services.
Surveys: We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information.
Interactive Features: We may offer interactive features such as forums, blogs, chat and messaging services, and social media pages. We and others who use our Services may collect the information you submit or make available through these interactive features. Any content you provide via the public sections of these features will be considered “public” and is not subject to the privacy protections referenced herein. By using these interactive features, you understand that the personal information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for their own purposes.
Conferences, Trade Shows, and Other Events: We may attend conferences, trade shows, and other events where we collect personal information from individuals who interact with or express an interest in the Services.
Job Applications. We may post job openings and opportunities on the Services. If you reply to one of these postings by submitting your application, CV and/or cover letter to us, we will collect and use your information to assess your qualifications.
B. Information Collected Automatically
Automatic Data Collection: We keep track of certain information about you when you visit and interact with any of our Services. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, details about your browser, operating system or device, location information (including inferred location based off of your IP address), Internet service provider, pages that you visit before, during and after using the Services, information about the links you click, information about how you interact with the Services, including the frequency and duration of your activities, and other information about how you use the Services. Information we collect may be associated with accounts and other devices.
- Cookies: Cookies are small text files placed in device browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Services may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons: A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in the Services that collects information about engagement on the Services. The use of a pixel tag allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement. We may also include web beacons in e-mails to understand whether messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
C. Information from Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations. For example, if you access our Services through a third-party application, such as a social networking site or a third-party login service, we may collect information about you from that third party that you have made available via your privacy settings.
Should you choose to use the Google Contacts feature within our Services, we will have the ability to view your contacts via the Google People API. The sole use of this data is to populate the auto-completion of your contacts when sending invitation emails. QCADVISOR will not use this data for any other purpose.
2. How we use your information
We use your personal information for a variety of business purposes, including to:
Provide the Services or Requested Information, such as:
- Fulfilling our contract with you;
- Identifying and communicating with you, including providing newsletters and marketing materials;
- Managing your information;
- Processing your payments and otherwise servicing your purchase orders;
- Responding to questions, comments, and other requests;
- Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services; and
- Answering requests for customer or technical support.
Serve Administrative and Communication Purposes, such as:
- Pursuing legitimate interests, such as direct marketing, research and development (including marketing research), network and information security, and fraud prevention;
- Sending communications about new product features, promotions, QCADVISOR’s strategic partners, and other news about QCADVISOR;
- Measuring interest and engagement in our Services, including analyzing your usage of the Services;
- Developing new products and services and improving the Services;
- Ensuring internal quality control and safety;
- Authenticating and verifying individual identities;
- Carrying out audits;
- Preventing and prosecuting potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Enforcing our agreements;
- Complying with our legal obligations; and
- If you register a QCADVISOR account with an email address provisioned by your organization, QCADVISOR may share your name, Workspace ID, and email address with your organization. If you registered to use QCADVISOR’s Services with such an email address, but you do not use the Services in connection with your organization and you do not wish for this information to be shared with your organization, you may transfer your account to a different email address. For information on how to change the email address associated with your QCADVISOR account or any further information about our account details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Marketing of Products and Services: We may use personal information to tailor and provide you with content and advertisements. If you have any questions about our marketing practices or if you would like to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes, you may contact us as set forth below.
Consent: We may use personal information for other purposes that are clearly disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information or with your consent.
De-identified and Aggregated Information Use: We may use personal information and other data about you to create de-identified and/or aggregated information. De-identified and/or aggregated information is not personal information, and we may use and disclose such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes.
If you have any questions or concerns about how such personal information is handled or would like to exercise your rights, you should contact the person or entity (i.e., the data controller) who has contracted with us to use the Service to process this information. Our customers control the personal information in these cases and determine the security settings within the account, its access controls and credentials. We will, however, provide assistance to our customers to address any concerns you may have, in accordance with the terms of our contract with them.
We use the following sub-processors:
- Amazon Web Services (USA)
How We Use Automatic Collection Technologies: Our uses of Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Operationally Necessary;
- Performance Related;
- Functionality Related; and
- Advertising or Targeting Related.
Cross-Device Tracking: Your browsing activity may be tracked across different websites and different devices or apps. For example, we may attempt to match your browsing activity on your mobile device with your browsing activity on your laptop. To do this our technology partners may share data, such as your browsing patterns, geo-location and device identifiers, and will match the information of the browser and devices that appear to be used by the same person.
3. Disclosing your information to third parties
We may share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
Service Providers: We may share any personal information we collect about you with our third-party service providers. The categories of service providers to whom we entrust personal information include service providers for: (i) the provision of the Services; (ii) the provision of information, products, and other services you have requested; (iii) marketing and advertising; (iv) payment and transaction processing; (v) customer service activities; and (vi) the provision of IT and related services.
Business Partners: We may provide personal information to business partners to provide you with a product or service you have requested. We may also provide personal information to business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services.
Advertising Partners: We do not share your information, including personal information, to advertise any third party’s products or services via the Services.
4. International Data Transfers
All information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, China or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. We endeavor to safeguard your information consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.
5. Your Choices
General: You may have the right to object to or opt out of certain uses of your personal information. Where you have consented to the processing of your personal information, you may withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us as described below. Even if you opt out, we may still collect and use non-personal information regarding your activities on our Services and for other legal purposes as described above.
Mobile Devices: We may send you push notifications through our Apps. You may at any time opt out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your mobile device. With your consent, we may also collect precise location information if you use our Apps. You may opt out of this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device.
6. Your Privacy Rights
Depending upon your location and in accordance with applicable laws, you may have the right to:
- Access personal information about you consistent with legal requirements. In addition, you may have the right in some cases to receive or have your electronic personal information transferred to another party.
- Request Correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Request Deletion of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law.
- Request Restriction or Object to Processing of your personal information, including the right to opt in or opt out of the sale of your personal information to third parties.
- Not be Discriminated Against by us for exercising your privacy rights.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request, such as by requiring you to submit your request via your account.
7. Data Retention
8. Security of your Information
By using the Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Services, by mail or by sending an email to you.
9. Third-Party Websites/Applications
The Services may contain links to other websites/applications and other websites/applications may reference or link to our Services. These third-party services are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for, the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
10. Supervisory Authority
Vita Consulting Ltd. Unit 9, 14/F, Mai Wo Industrial Building, 90-98 Kwai Cheong Road, Kwai Chung N.T., Hong Kong
Last updated: February 4, 2022